找回密码
 新猫注册
查看: 822|回复: 0

Share Vs Winny Vs Perfect Dark

[复制链接]
kernel 发表于 2008-10-16 08:35:40 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
http://bbs.chiisai.net/download/kareha.pl/1179800853/l50

1 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2007-05-21 19:27 ID:PYI3nyoc   [Del]   

Share Vs Winny Vs Perfect Dark. Which do you prefer? Perfect Dark looks like it's the way of the future, but I still like some aspects of share better.

2 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2007-05-23 09:23 ID:CnPky14D   [Del]   

Winny is compromised, the current version contains a bug which will allow remote code execution and will never be patched because the author is known and was arrested. 3 people were recently arrested (as in the other week) for uploading manga on it (not sure on the details).
Share, which was created because of that, is compromised also, since last year and a company offers a program to let you see who's downloading and uploading what.
Perfect Dark which was created because of this is the only program that currently isn't compromised so it makes sense to use that and only that.

However, if you're not in Japan you don't really need to worry a whole lot about incurring the wrath of the Japanese police.

4 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2007-05-28 04:53 ID:PYI3nyoc   [Del]   

Do they all use the same network? Can you find more files on one of these networks than the other? Also, isn't Perfect Dark still in testing?

5 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2007-05-28 05:10 ID:zDfI6L0t   [Del]   

Retina Sharebot vs. 'Share islands' in Share network ?

Okay, no question, Whinny is out, but is share REALLY totally compromised ? What about isolated groups within Share network ?
In Wiki it says 'Retina Sharebot acts as a Share node', so it seems to depend on an open, wide Share network structure.
Vice versa this means, that it will never have access to the core of a group within share network, in which every node of
the group ONLY has all other nodes of the group in its node list and noone else.

6 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2007-05-28 17:20 ID:FayLrdsg   [Del]   

Agree, Winny is out. (please see http://uguu.org/winny/)

Sharebot can be filtered, in principle, with an IP filter or with some plugin that block nodes that execute atypical commands.  The question would be how to know who/which are the "moles" that infiltrate the network by such company.

From my own anecdotal recent experience, I was able to obtain a 3-year-old RPG (and a 8-year-old STR as well) from Share this week, so I don't think the file availability (at least RPG games wise) on Share has died out.

Additionally, I think most non-Japan-living people, including me, are near the end of supply chain as far as obtaining Japanese products and files go--except those who are avid importers.  Therefore the more significant question would be which program (Share or Perfect Dark) that Japanese file releasers prefer, rather than what I, you, or most non-Japan-living people prefer.  
For my own endeavour, I will try to compare the two programs on getting a RPG that is scheduled to release at the end of next month, and post the results later.

7 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2007-05-28 17:24 ID:FayLrdsg   [Del]   

Also, I forgot to point out, that I haven't read any information on how Perfect Dark can prevent infiltration techniques used in ShareBot.  Unless such information exists, it would probably be wise not to think Perfect Dark is any better than Share, unlike those idiotic Mac commercials...

8 Name:  !Mjk4PcAe16 : 2007-05-29 08:45 ID:O+YdHgcw   [Del]   

>>7
You're right, there is nothing that says Perfect Dark can't have the same happen to it, though I think right now it's the fact that  no one has tried yet. Share relied on security through obscurity, Perfect Dark is the same.

You can always try and block IP's but how are you going to know which are the ones looking at what you're doing? Sharebot is free to use by anyone.. The Japanese wiki does mention a few ways of evading Sharebot, including using DiffusionProClone.

>>4 Perfect Dark is still in testing and updates seem frequent, as far as I know they use different networks since files aren't as easy to find on Perfect Dark.

Perfect Dark also has no foreign language support and doesn't use cluster words to find similar nodes (though it does use them for uploading files) it doesn't have a separate filter or trigger option, but you can filter search results using And/Or commands.

It's probably best to stick to Share considering these things (unless you're paranoid about it), plus the fact that as foreigners we don't need to worry as much about getting into trouble.

9 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2007-05-30 16:11 ID:uOt2pGxi   [Del]   

To answer your questions and point out my point of view:
By KNOWING them and adding it on ones list by oneself ^-^

10 Name:  Exillion : 2007-09-09 14:15 ID:YTu6upCh   [Del]   

PD doesnt have a filter system but it does have a rating-system.
Although I don't really know how it tallies ratings for one filr from different users though.

Also, in 0.952,I've seen a comment system of max 127 chars or something. My japanese isnt good at all so I can't make out the details.

All in all, Perfect Dark seems to be more evolving than Share so I'll stick with Perfect Dark for the time being.

11 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2007-09-20 00:30 ID:2cbBkuMl   [Del]   

All these program are closed-source windows-only programs and the protocol used is unknown and will stay like this for ever, but you still use them, why?

12 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2007-09-30 04:12 ID:Q4nTxhut   [Del]   

>>11
Because fucking jap monkeys don't know how to use torrents. Everything except most popular weeaboo goods is only available there.

13 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2007-10-19 15:54 ID:DYQS5iT7   [Del]   

i cant use perfect dark the upload speed is min 100kb i am only 50kb =((

16 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2007-11-03 21:13 ID:beV7iM1I   [Del]   

>>12
Winny, Share, and Perfect Dark weren't created because Japanese don't know how to use torrents.  They were created to provide an anonymous network, which bittorrent doesn't provide.  Each peer on the network acts as a relay rather than directly sending the file from one person to another.  This creates the anonymity that each network boasts and hinders the authorities.

17 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2007-12-01 13:37 ID:7RG0UDB6   [Del]   

>Each peer on the network acts as a relay

Security through obscurity BULLSHIT has tricked you. Relayed connections (so called diffuse up/downs) are rare. Share provides only an illusion of anonymity. Potential bugs in their proprietary client only add to the issue.

18 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2007-12-01 15:11 ID:jasiDqDI   [Del]   

>17

THE TRUTH

perhaps only PD is anon.

20 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2007-12-16 06:33 ID:bfywZ8EA   [Del]   

Perfect Dark now has an english translation included. Also the a filter feature has been added.
It's just too bad PD require a fast computer, otherwise it lags a bit.

23 Name:  FK : 2008-01-26 13:15 ID:qHz2bsot   [Del]   

6>Therefore the more significant question would be which program

>(Share or Perfect Dark) that Japanese file releasers prefer,
    >rather than what I, you, or most non-Japan-living people prefer.

Japanese rippers release to OpenNap servers like Zerosen first.  Share and Perfect Dark are just getting the run-off.

24 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2008-04-21 06:33 ID:+FYIU17T   [Del]   

#23:
You are suggesting that if we want the newest/best stuff we should get on Zerosen?  (I'm guessing that's not something that is public though ...)

25 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2008-04-21 07:20 ID:82q0ydnw   [Del]   

Zerosen is public on Opennap, it's just that not everyone can get  stuff from there as easily as point and click, ie. Share/Perfect Dark. Most OpenNap shit is trade only(correct me if I'm wrong).

26 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2008-07-19 15:17 ID:VnoQTfvZ   [Del]   

That's correct thus lie the problem if you don't speak or write japanese.

27 Name: sage  : 2008-07-22 20:31 ID:Heaven   [Del]   

cool stories, brahs.

28 Name:  Anonymous(bin+cue).zip : 2008-10-06 06:53 ID:WjJ66kgI   [Del]   

I find Zerosen/Utatane a lot easier to use than Share or Perfect Dark.  It certainly is a little more direct than Share/PD.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 新猫注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|[漫猫]动漫论坛

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 06:17